Olympus em1.2 vs Canon 7Dmii

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rjensen11 Junior Member • Posts: 44
Olympus em1.2 vs Canon 7Dmii

Hi Everyone,

I recently switched to an Olympus with the 12-100 lens from a Canon 7Dmii. I have been surprised by the amount of noise in the Olympus and wondering if I have a problem in my settings. I wasn't expecting FF performance in low light, of course, but based on DXO scores I expected it to be comparable in low light to the 7Dmii. I am consistently dealing with significant noise in my pictures and have to do a lot of noise cleanup in LR. I've set the max iso to 1600 to try and control it, but perhaps that is too fast for the Olympus?

Do you have any suggestions for reducing the noise? No one else on the forum appears to be experiencing this level of noise. I have tried both the raw and jpeg from the Olympus.

I can attempt to provide images with the same iso and f-stop for comparison, but without uploaded raw files I don't know how to show you without introducing jpeg processing.

Thanks!

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow