a99i with Tamron 150-600

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
richiemccaw Contributing Member • Posts: 916
a99i with Tamron 150-600

I’m currently looking to either sell my current Tamron 150-600 and 70-300 A-mount lenses to fund a Sigma 150-600 C for my Canon 80D; or find a good value solution to utilise these lenses either on an E or A mount camera.

Now that it seems that such A mount lenses are not particularly sought after in my part of the world, I come back to thinking whether an a99 would be a good budget solution to getting better results from my Tamron 150-600 as compared to my previously-owned a77ii.

Most of my birding are likely static shots or in the case of action shots, perhaps kingfishers diving in for fish. BIF will likely not be a big part of what I want to do. I do however anticipate shooting in less than ideal light.

How good would the a99i be when paired with the Tamron 150-600? Would ISO 6,400 raws still hold up well during PP? I will lose some reach but hopefully the images would remain croppable.

richiemccaw's gear list:richiemccaw's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic LX100 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Canon EOS 80D Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +7 more
Canon EOS 80D Sony Alpha a99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow