First pic from new 1DX ii

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BwanaG
BwanaG New Member • Posts: 16
First pic from new 1DX ii

I recently upgraded from the 5D3 to a new (ex-demo) 1DX ii. A tough decision vs getting the 5D4, in the end it probably came down to emotional triggers and never having owned a 1 series body before I just wanted it more than the (awesome) 5D4.

Have read many comments on the oil splatter issue. My 1DX ii is an ex-demo with around a 4,000 shutter count. Not many but I'm guessing as a demo the majority of those would have been 14fps bursts. From my checks there are around 3 or 4 tiny blotches in the top left corner of the frame visible at f22 at 100%. Really of no consequence at this stage and does not diminish the grin I get from using this thing. What do I feel I have gained from the 5D3? Apart from the solidity and ergonomics which I feel are much better than 5D3+grip, the main plus is the fps for BIF and the high ISO performance. IQ at low ISO seems a step up also, just from 1st impressions.

Anyway, I've only had a chance to get out to the local wetlands once since picking up the beast and it was mid afternoon so the summer light here in Aus wasn't helpful, but came across a family of Tawny Frogmouths including the cheeky guy below. Not the most exciting pic and obviously could have got the same shot from my 5D3, just minus the grin-factor behind the camera...

Canon 1DX mark ii + Canon 400mm f2.8 L ii @ ISO800, f4.5, 1/320

BwanaG's gear list:BwanaG's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +3 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS-1D X Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow