Another dream for the GRIII ...

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tom Caldwell Forum Pro • Posts: 31,847
Another dream for the GRIII ...

I am aware that those that have remained fully attached to the GR have done so because of the tried and true Ricoh formula of a fixed wide prime lens that collapses.

I did suggest that fitting the GR body with a M4/3 mount and 20mp 4/3 sensor would solve what Ricoh/Pentax truly lacks - mount system for a mirrorless camera with reasonably large sensor and would come with a happy bonus of a ready made suite of modern lenses and a ready made market for any new M4/3 lenses that Ricoh/Pentax might choose to make.

I have another alternative idea for the GRIII - more conventional-Ricoh and maybe even more daring.

How about fitting the Pentax IBIS which was mooted once as also being possible to use the sensor movement for very fast and accurate auto focus.

Add the potential for hi-resolution mode burst capture and processing a number of images into one.  Made for a single oem lens this might be easier to achieve even though Ricoh is not renowned for its high volume capture processing speed.

In this present age they might also find it difficult to market a camera even this small without a built in evf.  That dam has been already breached in this regard and without an inbuilt evf the GRIII might as well be like the man withone arm tied behind his back.

However this scenario could provide high speed accurate focus and capture capability within the more or less traditional GRD/GR concept.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow