Changing shutter speed with image review on.....

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dperez Regular Member • Posts: 288
Changing shutter speed with image review on.....

This isn't specifically a d850 question, it's likely a general Nikon question, but.........

Recently got a D850.  Works fine, but:

I want the image review on - I LIKE to be able to look at the image I just captured.  Yes, once I've got things set up correctly, I sometimes remember to turn if off, but I frequently leave it on 'cause it's convenient...

I may be doing an HDR series and want to change shutter speed between each shot.

These two things are incompatible because moving the command dial to change the shutter speed while a review image is displayed doesn't work.  And since I usually forget to turn OFF the image review when I start an HDR series, it a regular problem.  I have to press the shutter part way to shut off the image review, then rotate the dial again...

This is clearly not the biggest problem in the world, more of a niggling annoyance, but is there a way, in all the control settings to tell the camera that I'm ONLY interested in looking at the current image, so let the command dials work "normally" rather than moving through images in the review?

I can't find anything, but I figured I'd ask the folks in here with more expertise if there was some setting that I've missed...

Ideas?

Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow