switching from 5D-III to 6D-II: happy and sad

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Armando J. Rodriguez, Jr. Contributing Member • Posts: 942
switching from 5D-III to 6D-II: happy and sad

I already feel happy and sad. I just purchased the 6d-II plus printer plus battery grip deal. It will be $1350 after I get $350 back in rebates.

I will sell both by 5D-III (which I purchased used 4 months ago) and my 70D to get some money back. I will also try to sell the printer and battery grip, which might bring the total cost of the 6d-II down to about $1,100. Not bad for a brand new 6D-II.

However, this is the downside: in 3 months I fell in love with the ergonomics of the 5d-III and with the dual card slots.  I like recording jpgs and raws separately to different cards. I love the large viewfinder of the 5D-III. Will miss all this!

Saving money and weight and having one camera do-all was the main factor that prompted me towards the 6D-II.  I am not a professional, so I can use a rebel as back-up.

Any of you out there who has switched from 5D-III  to 6D-II: How do you feel about this change after using it? Any regrets? Where did you improve?

Let us know!

Armando

-- hide signature --

'Heavens declare the glory of God,' and I hope my pictures will too.
www.pbase.com/arodri3

Armando J. Rodriguez, Jr.'s gear list:Armando J. Rodriguez, Jr.'s gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +5 more
Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow