Help with this image?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Eamon Hickey Veteran Member • Posts: 4,034
Help with this image?

Hi all,

I shot the image below about a week ago in Central Park's Conservatory Garden in NYC. I like the basic scene and think I should be able to get something nice out of it, but I haven't been able to edit it to a result that I really like.

So I'm looking for any and all help and ideas. It's shot loose — i.e. I intended to crop it even as I shot it, but, of course, all those decisions are up to you

It's a scan from a 6 x 9cm Kodak Portra 400 negative, shot with an old Mamiya. I scanned it flat — i.e. low contrast, with the full tonal range — and this file has had dust cloned out and a scanner-induced cyan/aqua color cast corrected (perhaps not completely). Otherwise, this is straight from the scanner.

I'm embedding a 4000 pixel wide version (and also providing a link to it) for folks who like some resolution to work with, but feel free to work at whatever size you want, of course.

Btw, there are actually two very common New York characters in the scene, one of which I did not discover until I was removing dust. Whether you leave them both in, or clone either of them out is again up to you.

Thanks in advance to anyone who gives it a whirl.

Link to the full-size file:

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-TXvGML7/0/43f6cf3c/O/i-TXvGML7.jpg

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow