Minor zoom issue with TZ70 and previously TZ30 - wide zooming tele.

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KonradDC Regular Member • Posts: 138
Minor zoom issue with TZ70 and previously TZ30 - wide zooming tele.

I have had a problem with both my TZ70 and TZ30 where when zooming to the wide end, the camera will tele zoom. It gets worst and also starts filming!
When it first happened to the TZ30 and it really bad, I used the touch screen to get around the problem. Eventually I stripped the camera down to see if something had got in the control panel or see if I can get a replacement board. I put it back together and the camera has been fine since. That was well over a year ago and still working well.
Then recently my TZ70 started to do the same - zooming to tele when the zoom lever is press to wide intermittently, then started filming. I decided to strip the camera down. Lumix cameras are very easy to take apart and assemble.

Rear body removed.

TZ70 in pieces.

The troublesome to control panel.

This is the NFC panel. Note the lithium battery for memory.

I reassembled the camera and it seems to work fine so far.
I took plenty of pictures and understand every component. The only part I will not dismantle is the lens unit.

The lens unit is easy to remove from the body/shell. Useful to know for TZ60/70/80/90

Any problems and I will report back.

KonradDC's gear list:KonradDC's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX110 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Canon PowerShot SX200 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 +12 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 (Lumix DMC-TZ30) Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow