***WINNERS: Mini Challenge #537*** ALONE

Started Nov 20, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rjgjr
rjgjr Contributing Member • Posts: 747
***WINNERS: Mini Challenge #537*** ALONE

Congratulations to all who entered this challenge. I hope everyone got their entries in on time, despite me being a bit short sighted in the original time period I had posted. In the end I was surprised with the number of entries after a slow start, they were all great.

First of all, a nod to Peter63 and his off contest Paradise Glacier Crack, it received the most thumbs up and would have been considered very highly in my decision.

Honorable Mentions in no particular order:

Brightcolours #1 Very intriguing photo of someone enjoying themselves in the deep woods.

Buceche  Waiting on the Train  Looks like he might have a long wait. Beautiful background that kind of tells a story on how lonely a dog can get.

CPNock  Anybody seen my Car  Probably the most creative entry. By the shape of it, someone will eventually use it I'm sure.

Peter63  Cowlitz Glacier Dead End  Wow! All dressed up an nowhere to go. Looks extremely dangerous to me.

CPNock  St. Kitts  This short story really tugged at the heartstrings.

Wilba  Some time alone  A relaxing way to spend some time, not sure if he's fishing for the family or just getting away from it all for awhile.

And now the winners:

3rd Place  Guinness2  An expansive snow-covered mountainside, can't tell if they're cross country skiing or climbing, but they're enjoying it I'm sure.

2nd Place  RAYoung  Alone on the South Rim  Beautiful photo of a man contemplating his future, and hopefully he watches his step. I frequent the Grand Canyon often and it's rare to get a shot of someone this alone, even though he's well beyond the Park safety zone.

1st Place  CPNock  Kleifarvatn Lake, Iceland  My favorite. I've stood alone on many shorelines, not in Iceland, but I'm sure it probably doesn't get much more remote than this. Time basically stands still for a moment as you take in you're surroundings.

Congratulations CP, the next challenge is yours.

rjgjr's gear list:rjgjr's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS Rebel T6i Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow