Iceland & Norway - Opinions Needed

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Noogy
Noogy Senior Member • Posts: 2,017
Iceland & Norway - Opinions Needed

I am finally able to see clarity on a planned trip to Norway and Iceland, to among others fulfill a "bucket list" item - shooting the Northern Lights!!! It will be bloody cold I am sure for someone like me who grew up in the tropics. But hey, dreams must come true!

Here's where I need help: Since this is a trip I so looked forward to for the past few years, I want to make sure I bring the right photography gear. For lenses, it will be 16-35mm f/4L IS and EF24-70mm f/2.8L II. I plan not to bring my EF70-200mm f/4L IS USM.

For body I was originally planning to bring both the 5DMIV and the 6DMII. However, to save some weight and be able to use some wider glass, I am considering to leave the 6DMII behind and bring my EOS M6 instead; it will allow me to shoot at 12mm f/2 with a Rokinon glass and use the 30mm f/1.4 Sigma Art (this lens incidentally can also be used for Canon FF body up to 2.8 before vignetting starts to bother me). I have two spare batteries for the 5DMIV (three if I remove the battery of the 6DMII and use it as spare as well) and two spares for my M6,

What do you guys think? And for the ones who are familiar with Iceland and Norway, is it imperative to bring a weather-sealed body on a January, which might mean I am better off leaving the M6 behind? Does it snow a lot in general? Is it a very damp winter as opposed to dry winter in China and some parts of Korea?

-- hide signature --

"Photography is therapeutic."
http://www.pbase.com/joshcruzphotos

Noogy's gear list:Noogy's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS M6 Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical +12 more
Canon EOS M6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
irm
irm
LI
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow