Indoor event tips

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
em28 Regular Member • Posts: 174
Indoor event tips

Hi guys, gals...

i will take some photos of indoor event (beauty saloon) and i need some tips.

There are white walls and ceiling, great for bouncing. People will not pose, it's an event, so i will have people where i would need 2 meter in focus. There is no way i can have that much focus and stay at ISO 100, i guess. Camera Canon 100D (crop) + 24mm 2.8 stm + 18-55 stm (for close ups if required) + 50mm 1.8 stm (if i get change to shoot single person)

This is what i think, but would like to hear what you guys think;

1.) Stay away from people, the further they are, i get more in focus. I should keep at least 2 meters from them. Space is not large, so i will have some issues.

2.) Use on crop 24mm - what do you think? Anything above will leave me with less dof.

3.) Try to stick to at least f8 - if i raise ISO i could maybe get to f11 - that should give me dof as much as one could ever want, right?

4.) Should i not complicate and accept some faces to be a bit out of focus - i tend to delete photos where there are no sharp eyelashes, but i am used to take photo of single person only

5.) What do you think of white card on flash? It should provide a bit more direct light, giving some more power to flash, that is, less spill. Would you use it or just bounce all from ceiling/wall.

I recently took some shots indoor, and i must say that even at 24mm, i had problems with dof - where children ware playing, so candid photos, and it's hard to keep them all in focus - and flash was not strong enough to go to f11 - but i was at ISO 100 / f7.1.

Those photos would need to look good at 2000px (longer side) for their web page

em28's gear list:em28's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 24mm F2.8 STM Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
Canon EOS Rebel SL1 (EOS 100D)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow