New camera as a gift

Started Nov 20, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Penny123 Regular Member • Posts: 370
New camera as a gift

Hi, I am hoping someone out there can offer some advice. My sister is due her first baby next year and at the moment all her and her parner have is iphones. I don't mean this to sound cheeky but I always think its a shame when the only photos people have of their babies/kids is grainy or blurred ones from a phone. I have a nikon d810 so can hopefully get some nice photos (although I have zero experience photographing people let along babies!) She had mentioned about getting a camera whether a small compact or a bridge type camera.

I was thinking it would be nice to get get them something for their Christmas but don't want to go crazy with money. I know absolutely nothing about what type of cameras are on the market at the moment. Is there any recommendations for something not too big that is good in low light without a flash but also has a good flash that isn't too bright and washing photos out, good focus etc.... all the usual features to get nice photos. Also must produce good jpegs as they wont be doing anything rpocessing.  Any help or pointers would be much appreciated.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow