GM1, a fun and underrated camera

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pixnat2
Pixnat2 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,821
GM1, a fun and underrated camera

I recently got a mint Panasonic GM1 and a Panasonic 20mm f/1.7.

What a nice camera! It's so small, but very well built in the same time, inspiring confidence when holding it. The touch screen is excellent, with a confortable resolution. Being able to choose your focus point touching the screen is new for me, but I find it very nice and practical, especially when shooting portraits.

I don't find the lack of viewfinder to be a problem, as the screen is very nice and detailed. The popup (and tiltable flash) is very practical for fill in, though it's versatility is limited by the 1/50 speed sync.

Coupled with the 20mm f/1.7, it's really small and light, but capable of superb IQ, a great all rounder combo!

Here are some situations where I was happy to have it in my pocket.

I think this camera is underrated. I've never really heard about it before, as it was not really standing out from other models (except for its small size). Maybe Panasonic marketing wasn't good enough to promote the GM line?

But I feel it's the "essence" of micro 4/3 : very small and light camera delivering wonderful IQ. I hope Panasonic will revive the GM line.

In the meantime, my fun with the GM1 has just begun, cool

-- hide signature --
 Pixnat2's gear list:Pixnat2's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Nikon D750 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR +15 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow