ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mgphix New Member • Posts: 8
body dx to fx or fx glass on dx.

Hi guys n gals.

first time ever posting on any forum.

I'm Marius, 37.

What I use; D5300, 18-140 vr, 35mm f1.8, Tokina 12-24

Recently have spent most of free time, practicing lighting, colors with gels, moody set ups and some model/fashion portrait portfolio stuff with family amd friends. Got my first "client" on diary next week for an outdoor portrait.

Im looking into doing paid photography, I know what I want to shoot just dont know about getting the jobs (thats another discussion).

The question or advice I'm seeking is this; I want to move to Fx, but would it better if I buy Fx lense like Nikon 24-70mm oe maybe a couple of poetrait primes and use that to gain more knowledge and experience with what Im trying to achieve? Then go for Fx body? I have  the budget for a lense and fx body. Im no seasoned photographer that can produce high IQ edit free, not yet anyway. Or. I was thinking go with D750 and 24-70mm which feels like a natural route, OR jump into the D850 with either primes or 24-70mm

Does any of the abovd makes senss?

mgphix's gear list:mgphix's gear list
Nikon D50 Nikon D5300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
Nikon D5300 Nikon D750 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow