D7500 NEF with Windows 10 explorer issue

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
wildcat59 New Member • Posts: 21
D7500 NEF with Windows 10 explorer issue

Hi - I am facing an issue when browsing folders with Windows 10 (1709) explorer. The files in the folders contain NEF's that were created with a D7500.  The read /scan bar takes forever and explorer is basically non functional, even after several minutes.

I have installed the latest Capture NX-D and NEF Codec from the Nikon website.  I have also installed FastStone Image viewer 6.4.  I do have Adobe CS 6 installed, but Adobe is not releasing camera raw for this release, so I need to first convert with DNG or Capture NX-D.

I have tried setting the file associations for .NEF to both FastStone as well as Capture NX-D with no improvement with explorer.

This issue only seems to be with Windows Explorer as I am able to open any of the files with either the above supported apps with no issue and even run the DNG converter. There is no corruption.

I am curious if anyone else has faced this issue with the new NEF format and found a solution?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

wildcat59's gear list:wildcat59's gear list
Nikon D7500 Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +1 more
ANSWER:
Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow