Can't read SD card from X-T2 in PC (but I can using a USB cable from camera to PC)

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sirhawkeye64 Senior Member • Posts: 1,370
Can't read SD card from X-T2 in PC (but I can using a USB cable from camera to PC)

So I've noticed that I (for some reason) no longer can read the SD cards directly from the PC (using an SD card slot on the PC).  I have to plug my camera into the computer with a USB 3.0 cable and I can then read the cards just fine.  I do have the latest firmware upgrade (as of about a month ago, whatever that version was at that time).

I seem to remember that I used to be able to read them direct from the card using the PC's SD card slot, but I can't now.... Is anyone else having this "issue"?  (Not really an issue, but an annoyance, especially if I don't have USB cable with me).  I'm wondering if its something that got changed during one of the firmware updates?

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon D750 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow