Wondering if I should downgrade from a7rii to a7ii

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
fullframefigure New Member • Posts: 11
Wondering if I should downgrade from a7rii to a7ii

Hey,

I am still in the amateur phase of photography, meaning I know my way around, have been doing it as a hobby for about 3 years and have been doing gigs for the past year. These gigs have me mainly doing low light photography, so shooting in those situations is a key factor for me.

While looking to upgrade to the a7ii I was able to get a used a7rii for not much more so I jumped on it. This is my first move to full-frame so even though the camera is doing an exceptional job, my lens collection is limited, and so I am looking to invest in some good lenses. However, I saw that the a7ii is on sale at the moment, so I was thinking, do I sell the a7rii and use the money to purchase a new a7ii and also have enough to put towards a good quality lens?

Since I am not technically savvy to all the details provided in reviews and talk on forums, I was wondering would anyone be able to offer some advice on whether downgrading to the a7ii will pose any drastic change with photographing in low light situations such as evening events and street photography? Shooting video is not a deciding factor for me, nor is large scale printing. Auto-focus is a big factor though.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

fullframefigure's gear list:fullframefigure's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R II Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow