How should I light a catwalk fashion event?

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mike Willacy
Mike Willacy Junior Member • Posts: 27
How should I light a catwalk fashion event?

A local business in my town is putting together a catwalk fashion show/event and I'm going to be photographing it. It's only a small event and is going to be poorly lit in a hired out club.

The space isn't huge, but the models will be walking along a raised catwalk.

My question is how should I light this? I can use flash as I'll be the only photographer there, so I was thinking maybe a strobe off centre of the catwalk at the end of the runway facing the models and a rim light behind them also on a light stand.

I could just put the strobe on a tall light stand against a wall at the back of the roof and point it to the ceiling which works well at weddings, but I'm not sure.

I can't even provide any more venue information than what I have as I haven't visited it yet, I'm literally going off pictures and what the organiser has told me. I guess I'll know more when I scope it out.

It's only a small event, but it will be in the paper, and a blogger is wanting to use my pictures so I want them to turn out well - obviously.

Any help would be appreciated!

Mike Willacy's gear list:Mike Willacy's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R II Sony a6300 Sony a9 Sony FE 35mm F1.4 Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
BAK
BAK
BAK
BAK
BAK
BAK
BAK
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow