Studio setup for gadget review photography

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
aln1870
aln1870 New Member • Posts: 4
Studio setup for gadget review photography

Hello everyone,

I would like some tips on a setup for what is essentially product photography. That is, I own a gadget review website (mobile phones, laptops and such) and I intend to take photos of them from all angles, including close-ups of essential details such as rear camera on phones, or ports on a laptop and so on.

I am thinking of using a Sony A7 II coupled with a Sony 50mm f/2.8 Macro lens, but I am open to suggestions on whether another lens or camera/lens combination would be better suited for the job. In addition to this, I am also looking for advice on lighting setup for this.

For the time being, I am using a Foldio 2 tent and while it is portable and easy to stow away it gives me mixed results in terms of lighting, so I am thinking about a pair of studio lights to compensate for this.

I have attached a few sample photos of the kind of work I intend to do to better give you an idea of what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance for your help.

aln1870's gear list:aln1870's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha a7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony FE 50mm F2.8 Macro
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Alpha a7 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow