Sony RX10 IV vs Canon G3X

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
SonyRocks Regular Member • Posts: 355
Sony RX10 IV vs Canon G3X

I know this might seem like a silly comparison given the advantages of the RX10 IV. I know all the differences between the two on paper. I'm just wondering the real shooting experience from people that have owned both. For example, the G3x has a significantly smaller profile and weight which it makes easier to carry. It also has a flip full touch screen which can be used for blogging/selfies. Is the image quality of the RX10 IV and low light performance so much better than the Canon?

Finally there's a price difference. Used you can buy a canon g3x for $400 or $500 with evf . The RX10 IV used currently is around $1400 . Would you say the $1000 difference is worth it?. Also the RX10 III is about $800, so the difference in price $300. I enjoy going to concerts and currently use the zs100 for that. I know it varies from venue to venue but would the g3x be much more likely to make it in than the rx10 iv due to the size difference?

any thoughts on this comparison is welcome.

Canon G3 X Panasonic ZS100 Sony RX10 III Sony RX10 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow