Replacing my D2X with what?

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KarenImages New Member • Posts: 14
Replacing my D2X with what?

I used to take a ton of pictures a decade ago, and I was perfectly happy with my D2X.  I liked that it was not full frame, and the only real downfall was its low light capability.

My primary use is for travel photography of relatively still people and photographing my own art.  I don't do landscapes or sports.  Since I travel much less, the D2X lasted many years and it just died completely yesterday.

I have older lenses including a my AF-S NIkkor 24-120 and a 1.45-5.6D 80-400 mm that I'd like to keep.

I don't bracket, shoot mostly in manual mode and don't like some of the cameras that have a lot of beginner buttons in the way.

Nikon now has such a huge lineup and they all seem great.  Since I use my camera infrequently I'm thinking I don't need top of the line equipment - especially since cameras are so much better now.

Any suggestions on what camera to get that will last me a decade?  Lighter weight than the 2.76lb D2X would be appreciated.  I'm thinking staying under $1,000 as a starting point.

Any expert help in today's equipment is more than appreciated.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D2X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow