B+W 77mm CPL Filter Difference

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
lewiedude2
lewiedude2 Regular Member • Posts: 491
B+W 77mm CPL Filter Difference

I was the lucky recipient of a mistaken order from the huge ecommerce site - this order was placed and not cancelled properly before I went with another, extremely reputable photography retailer/ecommerce retailer for the exact same filter. The second retailer is the one I have ordered my camera, grip, and, lenses from. In the past, all filters were ordered from my favored retailer. So, here goes, and yes, I have checked the forums for similar posts, and there are a couple, but no definitive answers.

I am not going to go into the packaging, QR code authentication and slightly different finish of the metal rings as all of these items check out and seem completely legit. One other thing, both box packages were previously opened, unlike ALL of the other filters I have purchased - i.e. the sealing tape at the top was already split when I got it.

Which CPL filter should I keep? The blue one or the green one?

EDIT - I have read the lensrentals CPL blog post discussing CPL filters and the "difference" between many brands...nothing to discuss about it, just mentioning that I read that CPL filters have a color-cast and one should set the white balance after placing the filter on the lens. I suppose the below are the color-casts? Is that what this is?

lewiedude2's gear list:lewiedude2's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow