Homemade Video Rig

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
michael hill 14 New Member • Posts: 8
Homemade Video Rig

I just would like to share a project that I made for myself as an aspiring videographer to start building up rig that I can use to produce short films. I designed my cage from start to finish (for one of my high school classes) and it was originally inspired by a Pentax 67 that I saw. Anyways, the project was very fun to make and I am continuing to design parts for my rig. All of the steel that I have used was recycled and yes, I mean steel. This little cage weights a ton and feels rock solid. Altogether, the cage was less than 10 dollars for me to produce and a few months of designing. Along my design process I taught myself the 3-D modeling required to create my drawings. Please feel free to criticize the design. I would love ideas to make a second one.

Also, here is the most recent model (http://a360.co/2A9VvgM) with the ideas for what I will be designing this year in class. So far, I plan to make a mic mount and then turn this into a shoulder rig. Maybe, depending on my timeline, make a functional gimbal for the rig. But making all of this is inspired because I don't have the cash to buy my own rig and all of the other DIY ideas looks pretty ugly. I even made a decent looking slider, but sadly I need to go back and redesign it. I really encourage you to take some time and design elegant DIY gear because it is a fun adventure and you get to learn more about how everything on the rig works. Hope you enjoy.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow