Epson P800 reddish color using ultra premium luster photo paper icc profile

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ashleytt New Member • Posts: 3
Epson P800 reddish color using ultra premium luster photo paper icc profile

Hi all,

I just got my self an Epson P800 a couple days ago and I've been printing everyday because it's really fun to finally see my own prints in my own hands. I'm a total newbie when it comes to printing so please bear with my ignorance. I've been using ultra premium luster and the costco photo paper to make prints and they all looks pretty color consistent with the images on my monitor. I've always set the ultra premium luster profile both inside the driver menu and under the print job tab in LR 5 (intent set to perceptual). Every other image turned out fine except this one which has a really reddish color on the rock/mountain. The original image is of course more brown than red and the rest of the image looks fine to me. Then I changed the color management to "managed by printer" and low and behold the problem is gone! And I also found that the preview window gave me a good idea if something wrong is going to happen to my print as the reddish color appeared in the preview when I set the color management to the ultra premium luster profile! When I set it back to managed by printer the reddish color is gone again. Any idea why it happened? As I thought using the correct icc profile for the corresponding paper is the correct workflow ALL THE TIME? Thanks in advance!

Ashley

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow