want to buy 2 good (fast 28mm and very fast 50mm) for £100 each

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
1832vin New Member • Posts: 24
want to buy 2 good (fast 28mm and very fast 50mm) for £100 each

TLDR; suggestions for fast 28mm (colours/character first) and a very fast 50mm (sharpness over anything)

i was going to pull the trigger on the olympus 28mm f2.0, but then my friend convinced me not to, reminding me that is not what I want to pursue for breaking my bank and I don't need a f2.0 for night street photography (I think); currently i have XE-1

so, as to the reason why i want new lenses, compared to what I have now

I'm a hobby photographer, and i like to take photos in 3 scenarios, holidays (street and landscape photography), street photography (i always go out with my camera, and when i see something nice, i'd like to be able to capture it), and portraits (take people when there's friends gathering or something like that)

currently, I'm sporting mainly the olympus 28mm f3.5 (love it colours, that's what i seek from a lens the most, and the sharpness is OK, i perfer character first, sharpness second, and olympus 28mm f3.5 is a good amount of sharpness), compared to my Asahi SMC 35mm 3.5, it's not as sharp

and the helios 44 (nice bokeh, but it's not sharp at all, not too useful, maybe i got a dud)

but the problem comes when I see something nice i want to take at night outside, f3.5 (olympus) is just waaay too slow, so i think i need to get a f2.8

and when i try to capture people indoors with my helios 44 f2, it's fast enough, but not sharp enough open wide at all, and not useful enough

Thankyou

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow