Windows 10 Version 1709 and Canon Software

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SteBur
SteBur Forum Member • Posts: 57
Windows 10 Version 1709 and Canon Software

Hi,

The latest update to WIndows 10 installed on my laptop this week, and now Canon's DPP4 software has become unusable.

Normal editing functions seem to work well, but when I try to convert and save to jpg format, it can take up to 5 minutes for the laptop to be usable again. The DPP screen goes black, I het the "Not Responding" messge in the window frame.

While this is happening Task Manager shows almost 0% CPU usage, and very low disk usage. I have 32Gb of RAM, Intel i7 processor and solid state hard drives so I don't believe system resources are an issue.

I have uninstalled the software and replaced it with the latest version from the Canon website, but have not seen any improvement.

I also downloaded the latest version of EOS Utility, and this refuses to load at all. I cannot start it from the PC, and it doesn't start when I plug in a camera.

Has anybody else come across this and have a solution? During a second uninstall I cleared the relevant Canon folders from the Program Data folder, but this did not help.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Steve

-- hide signature --
 SteBur's gear list:SteBur's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow