GR (original): To repair or not?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
morepix
morepix Veteran Member • Posts: 9,149
GR (original): To repair or not?

Starting yesterday, my beloved GR is failing in some ways:

1. The ADJ dial fails to work in some modes sometimes; esp., in P mode. I'm not sure I've ever used P mode before, but I have now. Also may happen in M mode. "Not working" means, when I depress the ADJ dial, the display disappears as soon as I remove my finger from the dial.
  2. I believe the image review button has sometimes failed to retain the display when I remove my finger from the button.

I bought the camera in March 2015 and have used it a considerable amount. But I can't retrieve the shutter actuation count by taking the prescribed steps (press & hold the DISP and image review buttons, etc.). The camera still works OK in A mode, which is how I've almost always used it. But I don't care to live with a partly failing machine. I believe I've treated the camera well, don't carry it in a pocket, don't drop it on floors, etc.

As I see it, my options are:

1. Send it to Precision Camera for repair
  2. Send it to some other firm (whom you might suggest) for repair
  3. Trash it and replace it with a GR II
  4. Like #3, but replace it with a Fuji X70.

Repairing it myself is not an option. I have too many thumbs for that!

I'd appreciate your suggestions. Thanks.

-- hide signature --

David
pbase.com/morepix

morepix's gear list:morepix's gear list
Ricoh GR Olympus Stylus 1 Panasonic LX100 Fujifilm X100F Olympus OM-D E-M10
ANSWER:
Pentax X70 Ricoh GR II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow