Dell 3007 30" Monitor Calibration

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Paul Spatafora Contributing Member • Posts: 941
Dell 3007 30" Monitor Calibration

I have a Dell 3007 30" monitor and I have a Spyder 5 Elite calibration. My question is when calibrating the monitor, which color space do you enable in the OSD menu? Do I choose Adobe RGB, sRGB or custom for the calibration? It's a dumb question to ask because I've had that monitor forever, but I'm finally asking the question. In the past I've selected custom but I could never really find out the real truth on the right technique and Dell doesn't know either. So, if I want the monitor to be sRGB do I set the color space on the monitor to sRGB or custom? And the same for Adobe RGB.

Although I love the colors from my wide gamut monitor, I'm thinking I should really set it to sRGB because the entire world works on sRGB but it bugs me because I have a wide gamut monitor! LOL The newer monitors allow you to switch between color spaces and that would solve my problem, but I don't really want to get another monitor just yet.

If was to get another monitor, I was thinking of 2 of these:

BenQ 27-inch IPS Quad High Definition LED Monitor (SW2700PT), Adobe RGB Color Management, QHD 2560x1440 Display

If someone has the answer, I would be grateful! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Paul

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow