Bag for everyday use (+ space for the Fuji)?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TinkerPhil New Member • Posts: 15
Bag for everyday use (+ space for the Fuji)?

Hey there,

the most important reason I just got an X-E3 was, that I rarely took my D90 with that 18-105mm lens with me since it was so cumbersome.

The plan with the Fuji was to have it with me 90% of the time whenever I leave the house. Currently I'm not often going out specifically to shoot, so this would increase the times I might snap some shots significantly.

I found a few threads regarding bags and packs but they revolve mostly about the best equipment to go out primarily to take pictures and not for everyday (non-photography) use.

I'm aware that there is not one bag that fits all use cases, but my focus now is to get one that I can use for everything else as well. However, I believe in multifunctional equipment (for anything) because I don't have the money or space to waste on special items and like the simplicity of having less "stuff".

I'm still going to school so I'm carrying my laptop around almost daily. Additionally, some room for a notepad, some pens and lunch is required.
Since I would like to use the bag once I get a real job as well, it would be great if it looks decent enough for an office environment.

Naturally, I'm looking at the Everyday messenger bag from Peak Design. I think it fits my needs pretty good but has a pretty nice price tag...

I assume more people than just me want to bring their camera out (almost) everywhere, so please enlighten me! What are your setups and thoughts about this purpose.
I'm looking for a messenger bag or backpack that can safely transport the camera but otherwise is not "just" for photography.

Alternatively, what do you use as a protection for the camera in case you're just throwing it in a bag that hasn't a "protected" area for the camera?

Thanks for your input!

TinkerPhil's gear list:TinkerPhil's gear list
Nikon D90 Fujifilm X-E3 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS HDRsoft Photomatix Pro +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-E3 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow