E-M1ii All AF target mode behavior

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Skeeterbytes Forum Pro • Posts: 12,509
E-M1ii All AF target mode behavior

Just had my second session with the mkii and in the course of the day tried all-target pattern with C-AF. First difference from the mki is it displays an array of targets in constant motion as the camera follows the subject(s) (soccer players). The older camera only displays one rectangle in this mode. It's oddly mesmerizing but I eventually regained my senses and realized it also slows the frame rate (low mechanical burst mode set at 10fps max).

S-AF and MF restore the frame rate and release priority has no effect. Face detect is off.

Anybody else experience this? Is there a setting I'm missing that restores the frame rate?

I don't consider it a problem, more a head-scratcher. I didn't switch to another drive mode to gauge its impact and need some more experimenting. Also want to see find how well all-target mode is in following chaotic subjects. It's an interesting alternative to C-AF+tr in that it seems to be attempting just that, only without the single wandering target icon. I also wonder if this is where the motion scenarios Oly baked into the firmware manifest themselves?

The camera is significantly making my shooter's task easier. I can't name one thing it doens't do better than the original. I'm even (grumpily) coming to terms with the loss of the tilt display.

Cheers,

Rick

-- hide signature --

Equivalence and diffraction-free since 2009.
You can be too; ask about our 12-step program.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow