In General, What Photos Should be Added to my Portfolio?

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Newbie444
Newbie444 New Member • Posts: 13
In General, What Photos Should be Added to my Portfolio?

I just posted a photo, and wanted feedback and what I could do better. Wow. There is a lot about photography I didn't know.

One of the critiques I received was that the lighting was plain. There was no dynamic light shift, and it makes total sense. I thought my photos were good, but I'm new to photography, so there is a lot I don't know.

I have a "portfolio" right now. I don't have any interest perusing a career in photography, but it's fun to do. But I still think that my portfolio should be my best work.

So how do I decide what goes in my portfolio? I would like to see progress in my photography skills.  I have hundreds, if not thousands of raw photos that I took, but are just sitting on my computer, because they're just not good shots. But I have photos in my portfolio that I think now are good, that I'm sure later will look bad to me once I know more about photography.

Another idea I had was to have two portfolios, one for the best photos, and one of just really good photos.

Thoughts?

ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow