Ordered a second G80 body (includes some latest birds)

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Trevor Carpenter
Trevor Carpenter Forum Pro • Posts: 14,387
Ordered a second G80 body (includes some latest birds)

I was asked to feedback when I had quantified my latest buying decision.

I ordered a second G80 body today. I thought very hard about a G9 and the GAS was very strong but in the end I couldn't justify it to myself.

I like to think I'm getting value for money and at 3 times the price I just couldn't see it.

More importantly I don't think I can get myself into a cycle where a new camera is going to cost me £1500 every time. I know some would say keep it for years but,I do enjoy moving on periodically and I'm a very heavy user so it's not beyond possibilities that I will wear a camera out.

The third reason was that I have been out this week shooting birds and am pretty pleased with the results. When I bought my first digital camera 12 years ago, I had expectations of what I wanted to meet and I have met most of those expectations. Still plenty of room for improvement but much of that is on me rather than the camera so for now the G80 is a great tool and now I have two of them.

Here's some of the pics from this week that make me think the G80 is the right choice for me. All G80 and 100-400

Pied Wagtail

Great Tit

Starling

Starling

Great-spotted Woodpecker

Nuthatch

Little Egret

Snipe

Pintail

Grey Heron

-- hide signature --

Recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

Trevor Carpenter's gear list:Trevor Carpenter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH
Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow