Fuji repairs.

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Charles Pike
Charles Pike Senior Member • Posts: 1,525
Fuji repairs.

i sent in my Pro 2 to replace electronic viewfinder which had split in half.  Send it to them and the day after they received it they sent a notice that they had it.  Camera came back working better than when I sent it to them.  Seems to focus faster and image seem sharper.  I sent the camera on a Friday but then sent my 35mm f/2.0 the following Monday but this time I didn’t receive notifications that they had my lens.  I called later in the week to find that they had entered my email address wrong in their system and were waiting for me to supply them with credit card number.

The lens will freeze up, it also doesn’t focus part of the time even though the green box lights up.   I should have sent it back when I first had problems with this lens but I thought I might be the problem.  My Pro 1 would focus differently than any camera I had used in the last 50 years.   I own the 23 & 27 mm lens and when I had problems with the 35mm I stopped using it.  I went back to this lens saying I am going to figure out what is wrong.  It was while sitting in my recliner that I realized the 35 is bad.  I can change out the 23 and 27 mm lens and focus on my shoe laces and focus is perfect but even when the green box shows with the 35 everything is a blur.

I talked with Steve in customer service (they have three Steve) who said that he would check on when they would work on lens (I sent this 10/26/17 and it is now 11/18/17).  They still hadn’t checked the lens but Steve was going to take lens to his desk and see if he can get it to freeze up.  He said they would work on lens Monday and try to ship it overnight to me.  The whole problem started when they left off the “s” in my email addres.  While I am happy about my camera not so much about the lens.   They said they wii try to get your equipment back in 10 days didn’t happen this time it is going on a month.

Fujifilm often looks at these sites so maybe they will see this.  I am in the USA so Fuji if you see this and I know this is a UK site please send it across the pond and thank you.  In 50 year with Nikon I never had a part fall off a camera or a lens that didn’t work.  Hope you really fixed the viewfinder as this camera is really fun to use.  And what I am getting out of my camera is better than any thing in my past.  Still......

www.photosbypike.com

Charles Pike's gear list:Charles Pike's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow