Best DSLR or ILC for Night Sky Imaging?

Started Nov 8, 2017 | Questions thread
Selene Senior Member • Posts: 1,258
Re: If you want the best, a dedicated cooled CCD cameras are far better than all the DSLRs and ILCs

Thanks and thanks again Roger and Landscaper for starting this thread.  I am very new to this.  As I live in a very light polluted place with lots of trees, I do most of my night sky photography elsewhere. Thus, being able to use a camera and lens is convenient for me. I am intrigued by astrotrackers, but I am still very much a beginner who has learned a lot from this discussion even though many on here understand technical details much better than I do.  I like to kind of think that I am using night skies as parts of scenes I want to shoot.  I am sure others have done many of the same shots, though sometimes I have been in places that aren't so heavily traveled. I appreciate that some of you who know so much, like Roger, are willing to help some of us learn.  This is the great benefit of these kinds of forums--I can ignore the ones that are way over my head, while trying to get as much as I can from those I can follow.  Thanks again for a most interesting and informative thread.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow