Is the 6D II a good camera at $1500?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Peter63 Senior Member • Posts: 1,435
Is the 6D II a good camera at $1500?

I know a lot of people said the 6D II was overpriced and said they would have no complaints if it was priced lower, $1500 seemed like a figure that many people named. Now that is available through CPW for $1580 with a Canon grip , I thought it was time to get it. This includes a Canon 13 month Carepak warranty and Canon USA 1 year warranty from an authorized dealer.

Looking at the DPR review again, I am having second thoughts because I would have to give up my 6D and 77D to switch. I know people who have bought the camera have been happy.

I have two questions:

• Mostly out of curiosity, would anyone who thought $1500 should have been the price, consider buying now?
  • Who has upgraded from 6D to 6D II and what did you like or not like about the switch. (past comments from Aussie Viking make it sound like a great idea)

My main concerns holding me back from committing are AF tracking (mostly single point, not tracking across the screen), high ISO, and DR.

I would find the AF coverage, frame rate, buffer, and flip/touch screen very useful.

Thanks for any hands-on feedback you can give,

Peter

Peter63's gear list:Peter63's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS M5 Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +22 more
Canon 6D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 77D / EOS 9000D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow