Please identify ducks and gulls?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
Flat view
22codfish Contributing Member • Posts: 685
Please identify ducks and gulls?

I hope you can help identify these birds in the attached web connection to my gallery photo (currently photo#5 of 662.

My guess is that the two white gulls are Iceland Gulls. Definitely, not herring gulls and I can't see the ring on the bill to be Ring Bill Gull. Could they be adolescent Mew Gulls? Did I guess correctly?

Small swimming ducks could be American Widgeon?  To me however, when I zoom in, the female has a head and bill like a merganser:

For some time I was fortunate to have the assistance of a reliable local person who would identify uncommon birds for me.   That source is gone and I sure would appreciate a better 2nd opinion.  Would it help better to attach the photo computer file?  Do you know of a Canadian website which gives free bird recognition?

-- hide signature --

Please visit my Gallery. Critique and if you leave suggestions, it would be appreciated:

22codfish's gear list:22codfish's gear list
Pentax Optio M10 Pentax K-5 Nikon D7200 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL +6 more
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow