iOS app to add IPTC caption information to photos

Started Nov 18, 2017 | Discussions thread
robgendreau Veteran Member • Posts: 5,197
Re: iOS app to add IPTC caption information to photos

Joe Tam wrote:

Hi,

I am looking for an app that applies IPTC caption information on photos on my iPhone. Preferably an app that can apply template captions as well as FTP images to a server.

I used to use Filterstorm and Photogene but looking for something that is similar to Photomechanic on the Mac.

The two apps are a little clunky when it comes to applying IPTC caption information. Photogene hasn't been updated in years.
Thanks.

Dunno about a single app. But Photo Sync can do FTP (and just about any other kind of transfer).

As far as captions, I use Lr CC. But there are various metadata apps in the store, but it seems most just let you view and maybe erase metadata. Or maybe edit, but then they seem to languish and go out of development (like iMetaPhotos). There are many there, but I gave up trying to find one that lasted and worked well. If you find something that has been updated recently and has support, let us know. I don't think I've ever seen anything that could do metadata in batches. People have asked PM to make an iOS version, and they keep passing.

-- hide signature --

“Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.”
— Edgar Degas

robgendreau's gear list:robgendreau's gear list
Pentax K-1 II
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow