How to Take Good Photos Inside?

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Newbie444
Newbie444 New Member • Posts: 13
How to Take Good Photos Inside?

Hi, I've recently gotten into photography and I love it. I've already created a small "portfolio," and I really like taking pictures of nature and stuff. The one thing I absolutely cannot do, is take photos indoors. I have a dog, and a cat, and they would make good subjects for photos, but I can't take good pictures indoors. It's not even just indoors, unless I'm in direct sunlight, I can't do it.

I (almost) always use manual mode. It makes me feel in control, I guess? Whenever I use the regular settings (where ISO and f/stop and etc. are automatic) I don't like how it looks. Also, if I'm taking photos of my dog, or anything not stationary, I like putting it on manual so I can adjust the shutter and other things. If I put it on regular, or any other mode that does things automatically, it makes the image blurry, or puts the ISO too high and then it has bad quality, and so on.

I've never used flash (yes, I know what it does), because it makes for a bad photo in my opinion.

Help?

ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow