Best DSLR or ILC for Night Sky Imaging?

Started Nov 8, 2017 | Questions thread
kiwi2
kiwi2 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,398
Re: If you want the best, a dedicated cooled CCD cameras are far better than all the DSLRs and ILCs

swimswithtrout wrote:

I totally agree !!!

But the OP and most everyone else here can't accept that fact. Unfortunately, 99.9 % of the users here think that "Astrophotography" is just a WA shot of the MW with a noisy foreground.

Ummm... "Let's suppose someone is interested in doing night sky photography (sky plus landscape foreground)"

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/60352669

As for me, doing deep sky astrophotography holds very little interest as images of those deep space objects are freely available online at much better quality than I would ever be able to achieve. So I don't see the point of spending large sums of money and time trying to pursue them. But if others want to, that's fine, that's their thing. We all have different tastes and interests. It would be a boring world if we didn't and all thought the same.

kiwi2's gear list:kiwi2's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T100 Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow