RX100 III - Year old Wasabi batteries not holding charge

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
seri_art Senior Member • Posts: 2,628
RX100 III - Year old Wasabi batteries not holding charge

I bought my (used) RX100 III a year ago and it came with one Sony battery. I bought a Wasabi "kit" of charger and two batteries. I rotate the Sony and Wasabi batteries in the camera. When the battery in the camera dies I charge it and it's now #3 behind the new one in the camera and other spare. I don't pay much attention to how many shots each battery takes.

Today, with the Sony battery in the camera, it ran out of power so I replaced it with one of the Wasabi batteries but the camera wouldn't turn on. Same with the second Wasabi. One of the Wasabi batteries has been charging for 1/1/2 hours and is still charging, so it was pretty much depleted, and I assume the same for the other Wasabi. They've both been sitting for a while (weeks?). Should they discharge like that?

seri_art's gear list:seri_art's gear list
Sony RX100 III Canon EOS Rebel T4i Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +3 more
Sony RX100 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow