DP2M hand-held sharpness

Started Nov 18, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
xpatUSA
xpatUSA Forum Pro • Posts: 13,321
DP2M hand-held sharpness

In search of "subtle tonal variation" I took a shot of the street with a recently-acquired DP2M and couldn't help but notice the impressive sharpness/detail afforded by the camera, compared with my Panasonic Lumix GH1!

SPP5's basic output was wonderful enough, but going from SPP (-1.0 sharp) to RawTherapee was an eye-opener:

best viewed original size

For those with limited bandwidth, I apologize for the large Q12 JPEG file.

Look at those power wires even at the end of the street; look at the barbed wire (TX: bob wahr) - all this hand-held by my early-Parkinson's hands!

This is, of course, old news for DP2M owners but I'm not sure I could ever match this hand-held snap, taken with no particular care, with any of my DSLRs or their OS lenses. There must be something about that box-like design - the DP2s does pretty good in that regard, too.

Full marks to Sigma for the concept of a fixed lens matched to the sensor.

-- hide signature --

Ted

xpatUSA's gear list:xpatUSA's gear list
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP1 Merrill Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sigma SD14 Sigma SD15 +16 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP2s
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow