Give me a reason not to defect to Fuji?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Lens_Goat Regular Member • Posts: 263
Give me a reason not to defect to Fuji?

I just got back from an amazing adventure in the Southwest. Over the course of a mere 3 days, my brother and I visited as many National Parks: Death Valley, Grand Canyon, and Zion. The sights were breathtaking and spoiling.

I had my usual combination, the a6000 and Sigma 19. I've taken many nice pictures with this combo but on this trip I felt I would have walked away with a lot more keepers had I come with a different lens.

For one, the 19mm was just not wide enough to encompass the subjects out there. I had the enviable decisions of trading the distant mountains to cram all or most of Colorado River at Horseshoe Bend. Or I could only cram 2 of the 3 Patriachs at Zion.

Following this trip, I am ever more interested in the new Sigma 16 and will wait for reviews on it.

However, for a while now, I have really taken an interest in the practicality of a zoom. The Sony/Zeiss 16-70 really covers an extremely useful range but it is a pricey lens and many here and elsewhere knock it. Nonetheless, should I ever save the money, I am willing to give it an audition.

Then it dawned on me, for only $100 more, I could get the Fujifilm X-T20 and 18-55 f/2.8-4 kit -- a more well-regarded zoom than the 16-70. A far newer camera than the a6000. Once I sold all my Sony gear, I would come out ahead.

Now I'm asking you, what are some good reasons to stick with Sony? The ergonomics, the more pliant RAW files? I hope you guys can convince me to forget Fuji.

I am not on the verge of switching, as I said, I am more than interested in hearing initial impressions of the Sigma 16. But this is something I have pondered.

Thanks in advance!

Lens_Goat's gear list:Lens_Goat's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sigma 19mm F2.8 DN | A
Fujifilm X-T20 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow