How bad do you miss IS in the XT-20?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
KrAnd Junior Member • Posts: 31
Re: How bad do you miss IS in the XT-20?

I have never had an IBIS camera, but am a relatively new Fuji user and I have not yet had any situation that the OIS in the lens would not take care of. Beware, however, that all IS methods only prevent blurring due to shaking the camera, but if the subject moves it will be blurred anyway.

An alternative to IS is the old trick of holding the camera sturdy to a fixed surface, such as a wall or a light pole, which eliminates shaking as well. I do that quite often with good results. For me, having good lenses and knowing my camera thoroughly is the key to good results, rather than having IS.

TheDarmok74 wrote:

The one thing I am sorely missing compared to the, say, Panasonic G81 is in body IS. Now this works amazingly well in smart phones and Olympus/Pana bodies and even on my Sony RX100IV I manage to get some shots with 1/2 second with several tries.

I guess most of the time I'd be using the kit lens anyways, so no proble there, but what about the great primes? Do you miss it there? I think it could be an issue, especially with video. Then again, for video the kit lens will do nicely....

KrAnd's gear list:KrAnd's gear list
Sony RX100 II Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow