Why the major difference with live view ?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fishchris
Fishchris Senior Member • Posts: 2,990
Why the major difference with live view ?

I've come to learn that when I'm setting up a scene, and I switch my camera to live view, the image it shows me is always very vibrant, and contrasty (much the same as what I shoot for in my PP later) but then I actually take the shot, and its WAY less vibrant, and not near the contrast...... again, until later when I start doing my HDR processing and color and contrast tweaks.

This is with my 6D btw. Maybe its different with other cameras ?

Also, the thought crosses my mind, maybe a lot of purists are doing there very best to keep an image looking exactly as it did right out of the camera.... but the camera actually failed to capture all of the color / contrast that the scene offered in the first place (as evidenced by live view) and so instead of correcting for the cameras failures, they just go along with it ?

Or am I completely wrong and live view is just less accurate in the first place ?

-- hide signature --

Photos are my paintings. The camera is my brush.
DPreview gallery; http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/5075216809

Fishchris's gear list:Fishchris's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM +2 more
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
BAK
MOD Labe
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow