A9 USB Cable/Connection

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nlk10010 Forum Member • Posts: 94
A9 USB Cable/Connection

I went to update the firmware on my new A9 (the existing version was 1.00, new was 1.1).

As I was admonished by Sony to use only the USB cable shipped with the camera I carefully pried the port cover off the camera and proceeded to plug the mini end of the cable into the "MULTI" port on the camera. The problem is that the male part of the cable only seemed to go into the port halfway, the other half sticking out so you could see silver exposed. I did try to press the cable in but didn't want to force it. I went ahead and did the update anyway since the software didn't complain of a poor connection.

Can anyone who has an A9 and tried to use the USB cable (for whatever purpose) tell me if their cable goes in all the way and seats firmly or if it is like mine?

Thanks, I want to avoid keeping a camera with a damaged port (or even cable). I bought it new but I'm aware that even the biggest retailers resell returned goods.

Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow