Darn it, I don't have anything to complain about

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Doug Pardee
Doug Pardee Veteran Member • Posts: 8,902
Darn it, I don't have anything to complain about

Today marks 18 months I've had my X-T10. It's still working fine, and I'm still enjoying using it. I haven't used my Canon DSLR since I got the X-T10 (no, that neolithic DSLR isn't worth selling.)

18 months in, and I'm still changing my button, dial, and Q-menu setups. I think I may have it pretty much set this time. Wait, isn't that what I said all the previous times?

I'd chosen the X-T10 over the X-E2 for the flippy screen. I haven't flipped nearly as much as I'd expected, but still enough that I think I made the right choice (for me).

I'd bought adapters to use my old FD lenses, but I've hardly used them at all. My 35mm FD lens pulled a defective adapter (Kiwifotos brand) off the camera and got decentered when it rebounded from the floor. It's not worth fixing, and I've since bought the 27mm pancake which is more to my taste anyway. I've got two FD tele zooms, but I just don't feel like carrying the extra weight.

I used to use manual exposure and manual focus much of the time on my Canon DSLR, and I'd expected to continue the same with the X-T10. Instead, I find myself using AE and AF almost all the time. I think I need to work on that.

Maybe in the next 18 months I'll get my act together and start taking some good photos. Hmmm... I haven't managed that over the past 50+ years, so why would another year and a half make a difference?

-- hide signature --

Co-founder of the open-source LightZone Project: http://lightzoneproject.org/

Doug Pardee's gear list:Doug Pardee's gear list
Canon EOS 350D Fujifilm X-T10 Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +13 more
Fujifilm X-T10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow