How bad do you miss IS in the XT-20?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Jerry-astro
MOD Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 10,789
Re: How bad do you miss IS in the XT-20?

Heinz wrote:

Hm, i don't miss IS at all. I knew before i bought it that it hasn't this feature. There is no and probably will be no IS in Fuji cameras for known reasons. But we have choices, right?

Depends whether you believe the rumor mills.  IBIS support is a very pervasive rumor for the upcoming X-T2S.  For all the noise that Fuji has made about the difficulty involved in adding IBIS to their cameras, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see it.  The competitive environment is making it very difficult for them to ignore this rather important (IMHO) technology.  And, as far as those "known reasons" go, as an ex product marketing guy, what they've been saying about the challenges of integrating IBIS are exactly what I would have stated if I were trying to explain why my product line doesn't support the feature.  So, I might tend to take some of those earlier statements with a grain of salt.  However, I should make it clear that this is strictly MY opinion... nothing more.

If they do decide to go that way, then over time, I would expect them to migrate the technology into different models.

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow