Heads up- Sigma lenses DON'T work with the Fotodiox EF adapter on the A7II

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sportyaccordy Veteran Member • Posts: 9,199
Heads up- Sigma lenses DON'T work with the Fotodiox EF adapter on the A7II

I checked Brian Smith's site and saw that most Sigmas work well with the Fotodiox on the A7RII, so I figured that would be the case for the A7II as well as lenses by other brands (Tamron & Canon) worked as reported. I tried the following lenses:

• 50 1.4 EX
  • 85 1.4 EX
  • 35 ART

None of them focus with the A7II + Fotodiox. They just hunt. Now I'd bet they would work with the A7II + Metabones, or the A7RII + Fotodiox, but for whatever reason the A7II + Fotodiox combo is DOA. These discoveries are pushing me more and more to native glass, since more affordable options are coming out and Canon's stuff is either ancient (50 1.4, 85 1.8) or expensive (35 1.4 I & II). Next on the list is probably the Samyang 35 1.4... been happy with the 50 so far.

-- hide signature --

Sometimes I take pictures with my gear- https://www.flickr.com/photos/41601371@N00/

sportyaccordy's gear list:sportyaccordy's gear list
NEX-5T Sony Alpha a7 II Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Canon EF 24-105mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow