Weird Photography Habits

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JonathanCaliber
JonathanCaliber Forum Member • Posts: 99
Weird Photography Habits

Do any of you have strange/quirky/weird habits that are unique to you regarding photography, or oddball preferences regarding photography?

1. I buy the Nikon version of everything, even if the competitor is better or cheaper. I own the Nikon lens pen, lens cloth, lens fluid, lens caps, etc. I actually prefer my old gray LensPen, it's cheaper and has a cap for the brush so dust doesn't get in, but I just like having everything in my bag say Nikon for some reason and not be a mishmash of 50 different manufacturers. If I shot on Canon I'd do the same.

2. My bags and backpacks all fit into one unifying color scheme, black/gray, with optional red highlights. I don't buy bags or cases that break this color scheme.

3. I don't label my SD cards. Call me crazy - I don't want to permanently mark high gig Pro Class 10 SD cards. I just remember their slot in my case.

4. I completely disregard the cataloging function of Lightroom. After I edit my photos I delete them from Lightroom completely and reset my preferences - backing up the DNGs to an external drive.

5. I like to have a few drinks as I edit, usually beer or wine. Just an old pastime of mine.

6. I reset my File Naming on my camera for each shoot - so each shoot starts with DSC_0001.

There it is. I'm a hack, stone me to death.

What are your weird photography habits?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow