Going mirrorless from D750 - Overwhelmed

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
garethpickering New Member • Posts: 2
Going mirrorless from D750 - Overwhelmed

Good evening to everyone smarter and more well-read, on what is quite a big decision for me.

I had a Nikon D750 with a standard kit lens (24-120). It's gone to someone that felt that they needed it more than me and I need to replace it. I'm going mirrorless (of this I'm 98% certain) as I travel ALOT and weight and size is important for me.

My budget for camera and lens is approx $4,000 (again unless there's a compelling reason to spend more). Most of my photography is street photography, some landscapes and I enjoy some simply night photography. I am also creating a reasonable amount of video content and would like a camera that is good for video and vlogging too.

My feeling is to buy a reasonable body and then a decent lens (of similar focal length to what I had on my D750) but perhaps slightly better quality (maybe like an f1.8 if such a lens exists).

I'm not too brand loyal (despite having loved my Nikon), and from the reading I've done, I'm feeling drawn to the Sony Alpha a7Rii - but not sure that this is best for what I need.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and hoping someone might be able to assist me.

Cheers
Gareth.

Nikon D750 Sony Alpha a7 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow